Are you TAFE?

No. We are a private not for profit organisation with no affiliation to TAFE or TAFE Western. We are located just down the road from TAFE in Myall Street, however we are a different organisation.  

Can I enrol today and pay at a later date?

No. In order to secure your place in a course, we require full payment upon your enrolment.

Can you reserve a place in the course for me?

No. To be fair to everyone, we do not reserve or 'hold' places in our courses for anyone. Payment must be made in full before your enrolment is processed.

What is a USI and do I need one? 

USI stands for 'Unique Student Identifier' and is a requirement when you enrol in accredited training in Australia. The USI is a reference number made up of ten numbers and letters that:

  • creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, from all training providers you undertake recognised training with
  • will give you access to your training records and transcripts
  • can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere
  • is free and easy to create and
  • stays with you for life

You can create a USI or find one you have previously created by clicking here

 What do I need to know before I sign up for a course?

Before you sign up for a course, please read the following information on the Department of Fair Trading Website.

Department of Fair Trading Training and Education page. 

Can I bring my own laptop to my computer course?

Yes, we encourage students to bring their own devices and use our wifi. 

Can I have a Tax Invoice for the payment of my course?

Yes, please let the staff know upon enrolment and a Tax Invoice will be sent out to you in the mail.

Can I pay by instalments for my course?

You can pay by installments for full certificate courses only, all other courses must be paid for up front.  

However, if you are on government assistance, you can contact Centrelink or your local job search agency for further options.

Can I pay over the telephone?

Certainly. We can accept credit card payments over the telephone.

Can my employer pay for my course?

Yes, we will require a purchase order before an invoice can be issued, but you will not be enrolled into the course until we have received full payment for your course.

Do I get a certificate for my course?

Yes – all students who study at Western College will receive some kind of certificate, this can range from a certificate of attendance for non accredited training to a nationally recognised certificate for accredited training.

Do you have a mailing list?

Yes – simply send us an email and request to be added to our mailing list and we'll keep you up to date on upcoming courses and activities at the College.

Do you offer any concessions?

Some of our courses are funded by the Government or other funding bodies and places are available to eligible participants. Eligibility criteria may differ from course to course so it's a good idea to ring and check with our training services staff to see if you are eligible. 

Do you provide lunch at your courses?

There are a selected few courses where lunch and/or morning tea is provided but if this is not stated on your confirmation letter, you will have to bring lunch yourself.  Fast Lane Coffee is right across the car park offering light foods such as pies etc.

Do you send out our certificates in the mail?

If you are in Dubbo you can come and collect your certificate, however we will post your certificate if this is more convenient for you. 

How do I know that I have successfully enrolled?

You will receive a Confirmation Letter in the mail and by email to let you know that you have been enrolled into the course. Your confirmation letter contains very important information about the course, please take the time to read this letter carefully.

I have lost my certificate, can I get a new one?

Yes. We can reprint Western College certificates on site for a fee of $35.00, providing it was issued to you after 1st January 2010.

We can reprint Western College certificates prior to 2010 but the fee will be determined upon the date in which the certificate was originally issued.

I want to cancel out of a course I am already enrolled in, can I have a refund?

We regret that the College cannot be responsible for your change in circumstances. Please choose your courses carefully. There will be no refunds, except in the case of cancellation of a course. A credit note can be applied for if circumstances do not permit the student to attend the course, provided 5 working days notice is given. (NB: If you enrol within 5 days of the course commencing this will forfeit your right to receive a credit note). An administration fee of $10 will be applied. A copy of the Refund Policy is available upon request.

Western College have cancelled a course, what happens now?

Should the College need to cancel a course, you will be advised as soon as possible using the contact details you provided on your enrolment form. The decision to cancel a course will be made at a maximum of 10 days prior to commencement or a minimum of 24 hours prior commencement of the course. If the College needs to alter dates or times of a course and these new details are no longer convenient to you, a full refund or transfer to another course will apply. Western College guarantees a full refund (by cheque) or a credit note will be processed and mailed to each student at their request. All credit notes are valid for a period of 12 months and must be produced when re-enrolling.

What payment methods do you accept?

We accept: cash, cheque, Mastercard, Visa and Bankcard

We do not accept American Express.

You don’t have a course that I am after, what can I do?

You can provide us with your contact details and we can try and arrange a private tuition course. If we cannot provide a trainer for your particular course we will put you on an expression of interest list and contact you once we have something scheduled. You can register your interest in a course or make a suggestion for a course we don't have via our Register Your Interest online form by clicking here